- We work at the front end of development, so you’ll research the peer landscape or interview stakeholders before a workshop.
- Then create personas/profiles, journey timelines, sketches, storyboards, mappings before and in a workshop.
- You’ll contribute to the Event and Concept Summaries afterward.
- Then in some projects, move forward to visual mock-ups, wireframes, visual screens for PoCs (Proof of Concept) and sometimes interactive prototypes and visuals for MVPs (Minimum Viable Product).
- We’ll need you to keep abreast of design standards (e.g., design patterns) and keep the team informed.
- We encourage learning to create videos and service blueprints to define a design.
- Able to guide breakout teams in a design or design-thinking workshop with clients at various levels
- Able to participate in exploratory design-thinking user research, interviews, observations, Un Focus groups
- Able to collaborate in ideation, prototyping, evaluation, documentation; give and receive inputs and feedback
- Adapt to different styles of organization and communication; listen and communicate well, yourself
- Design-thinking application across business sizes, industry sectors, and product/service/organization
- Flexibility and openness while still being action and achievement-oriented; able to self-manage
- Teamwork with multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural colleagues both locally and globally
- Coaching designers and s/w developers on new ways to inspire, generate ideas, prototype, evaluate and change
- Sense of humour and empathy, even in a slow WebEx call on a long day
- International travel experience